On National Clean Air Day, our friends at Winchester Action on Climate Change are working with partners to create opportunities for people to
- get involved
- learn more about the relationship between clean air and the health of people and the planet
- find out what’s been done, and make your views known about what more needs to be done.
The main event of the day on Air Pollution and Health takes place from 4.00-6.00 (refreshments at 3.30) at St Peter’s Pastoral Centre, St Peter’s Church, Jewry Street, Winchester, SO23 8RY. The event will include:
- Welcome from Councillor Jan Warwick of Winchester City and Hampshire County Councils
- the health impacts of air pollution, by Dr Matt Loxham of the University of Southampton
- update on the development of the Winchester Movement Strategy which, we hope, will reduce transport pollution
- workshop sessions
- closing session over a glass of wine to identify next steps.
More details of the programme, with timings, here. The event is free, but please secure your place by booking in advance to email@example.com.
Cycle Winchester will be represented at the event, and we encourage you to attend by bike. If there is interest, we may stage a “mini-mass-ride” afterwards, to show the link between cycling and clean air.